Membership in the Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of CPAs (TCVSCPA) provides you the opportunity to influence the profession at the grassroots level where you can make a significant difference and help shape community initiatives that affect the profession. Plus, membership and involvement offer you business development opportunities, leadership training, career development and recruiting leads.
Being a member of the Tidewater Chapter comes with great benefits. Membership includes 31 hours of CPE and many opportunities to network with other professionals.
There are three types of membership:
- Regular Membership – $145 per year if paid by May 31st
- Lifetime Membership – $0 (must qualify as a Lifetime Member with the VSCPA)
- Student Membership – $0
- Not-for-Profit Day – 4 hours CPE, held at ODU in June
- Ethics – 2 hours CPE, held on ODU campuses in July, August and October
- Accounting and Auditing Day – 8 hours CPE, held at the Chesapeake Conference Center in September
- Specialized Knowledge Day – 8 hours CPE, held at the Chesapeake Conference Center in October
- Tax Day – 8 hours CPE, held at the Chesapeake Conference Center in November
- Economic Forecast Breakfast – 1 hour CPE, held in Norfolk in January or February
- Tides Baseball Outing – member and guest, held in June or July
- Young CPA Events – held throughout the year
- Student Night Roundtables – Students from the Tidewater participate in roundtable discussions with professionals from Public Accounting, Private Industry, Government and Higher Education
- Charity Work – held throughout the year